We are open for business during the COVID-19 lock down
Service 8® Auto Glass is an essential community business. It’s for this reason we will continue to operate during the COVID-19 lock down period. We will be offering mobile windscreen replacement services from our two outlets in Tweed Heads & Townsville.
However, with the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we would like to reassure our customers that we are taking strict precautionary measures to help protect you. We monitoring the situation daily from Government to ensure that we take the necessary steps to eliminate risk.
Working with service 8® Auto glass
Acting on advice provided by the Australian Government, we have implemented new policies and hygiene practices to help protect you, and our staff.
- We don’t work from shops/branches, we are mobile only. You will not be asked to wait in public waiting rooms whilst your vehicle is being repaired.
- Being a small local business our technicians work mobile & solo, we don’t work with other work colleagues or staff. This ensures the distancing measures are adhered to, significantly reducing the risk.
- We strictly follow social distancing practices and maintain a 2-metre distance between customers – this includes not shaking hands.
- Personal hygiene is implemented through use of hand sanitizer and equipment is cleaned before and after every appointment.
- Technicians wear disposable gloves throughout your windscreen installation and dispose of them when finished.
- We are a local community business and have obtained a border pass from the QLD Government for the NSW/QLD borders to minimise disruptions. We come to you on both sides of the border.
- In regards to payment we keep follow guidelines from the Australian Government via the World Health Organisation (WHO). We accept all forms of payment for your convenience including cash. Much misinformation has been published on this topic, however for a factual report please see guide by the WHO.
Windscreen Insurance Claims
Mobile windscreen and auto glass replacement services are the preferred choice to minimise the risk/spread of COVID -19. Did you know you are not obligated to take your vehicle to any shop? In addition, it is strongly advised that your don’t wait in public spaces when using the Government Contact Tracing App. By doing so increases the risk you will come into contact with others that may result in you being quarantined for up to two weeks.
Service 8® Auto Glass is mobile only and we bill your insurance group directly. During this time we are offering high priority auto glass services for insurance customers. Call us direct to make an appointment.
What we ask of you – polite notice
We respect you privacy, however, it’s important to inform us when making an appointment of any health-related symptoms you or any family member may have. We understand it’s difficult to determine if someone has a normal cold, flu or COVID-19. However, we would appreciate if you could inform us if anyone who has been sick has come into contact with the vehicle that is to be repaired. Thanks for your cooperation.
For any further details or assistance please don’t hesitate to call us direct. We are a local business so we understand the current situation in your area, such as border crossing etc.